Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Things I'm all about this week...

Faux de Gournay wallpaper...
 
I can't tell you how many clients and friends have inquired about this exquisite wallpaper.








 
Sadly, the paper can cost around $1,000 per panel.... until now! Check out my friend Andrea's blog the The Glam Pad to see how you can achieve this look without the hefty price tag.  She's found a source for a look alike de Gournay paper... and bonus!! Andrea is participating in the One Room Challenge so follow along as  she decorates her powder room with this gorg wallpaper!

Here's Andrea's version



Soooooo pretty!!
 
Okay onto keeping it a little more realz....
 
Crypton Fabrics

 
 
Crypton fabrics (which have been around for a long time) are now exploding onto the scene (well at least on my scene). I have been decorating a lot of homes with large messy puppies and young, sports-playing, finger-painting, fun and fabulous kids.
 
You can not destroy this fabric people!!! Want to re-upholster an outdated piece of furniture but afraid your kids will trash it the next day? Go on ...give this fabric a chance you will not be disappointed:) 
 
 
Speaking of outdated furniture ....
 
The Centsational Girl wrote this article on how to get the best results when spray painting furniture. I totally trust this chick... she's painted a lot furniture in her time!
 
 
 
 
Fall Coats
 
UGGGGGHHHHH... I never know what coat/sweater/jacket to wear at this time of year. I'm always cold but can't fathom sporting my winter coat even though I really really want to...
 
Here's a few of my solutions...
Joie


Zara
Zara
Jcrew - don't like how they styled this girl???


If I can't be a vegan at least my jacket can be...

Vegan leather jacket
Piperlime


More winter than fall but I thought this was fun.

Gap
 
Thoughts? Suggestions? I'm open!
Thanks for reading xoxo!!

2 comments :

  1. Thank you for the shout out, Stephanie!! I love this paper so much, I'm thinking of having two panels to frame for our master bedroom. :)

    XOXO,
    The Glam Pad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that wallpaper design too!! i have been seeing so much of it lately. Love that is a bit of a risk but still very classic looking. I love the sweater coat! I feel like I get so hot in big coats now! Maybe I'm getting too old! LOL!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...